Sunday 27 October 2013

Welcome to the Second Annual Octoberfest!

(If you are looking for the 6th Do Over Challenge it is here.)
 

Welcome to Octoberfest 2013!


A blog hop celebrating the splendours of Autumn hosted by the beautiful and gifted Rita of Toltec Jewels.

Autumn has got to be my favourite season. The glaring heat of summer giving way to cooler breezes, warm rain and a burst of glorious colours all around.


Inspired by the autumn colours in the amazing photography of Protik Hossain above, I knitted myself a little cowl to keep out the chill of the cool evenings.

My knitting leaves a LOT to be desired but I was realy happywith the little owl button I made from Polymer Clay to sit amongst the autumn colours.

I found the most amazing little beads at Cranberry Beads. The colour is 'Magic Amber' and they have a gorgeous golden brown base colour with an AB like sheen that shimmers from red to green and gold. Perfect for an Autum project that I've been planning for some time using some gorgeous components I bought from Pepita Handmade. Children and life have a wonderful way of imposing upon our best laid plans however and I've only got this far:

 

And of course we cannot celebrate October without Halloween!

Taking the black of a spooky Halloween night sky and the oranges of a grinning pumpkin I made this polymer clay cuff.

 

Many , many thanks to Rita for hosting this inspiring blog hop!

 

 

Please be sure to visit the other participants and say Hi.

Jennifer Reno (JenRen) http://jenrenjewelry.blogspot.com/
Nelly May www.smellynelly.blogspot.com (You are here)
Toltec Jewels (Rita, your hostess) www.JewelSchoolFriends.com

18 comments:

  1. Nelly, your pieces are so cool!!! And I can't wait to see the finished Autumn project with my beads ...
    Be happy, Alenka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cowl with the owl button is so cute. I absolutely love the colors, it exudes warmth and comfort. The polymer clay cuff is bold and fun, I bet you get lots of comments when you wear it. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished magic amber bead piece. Happy Fall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an omnicrafter! I couldn't knit to save my life. I do like making polymer clay buttons though. Your cuff is amazing. Can't wait to see your finished bead piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome...I am finding I am liking see and doing mixed media pieces....it really opens up the world for us. Can't wait to see the finished piece. I am soooo new to bead weaving but plan on doing wayyyyy more of it. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! I just love the colors in your cowl and what a cute button. That cuff is gorgeous and so perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How have we not met before? we are separated at birth!!! Sister, send me everything you just made because I am in love with it ALL!!! wow!!! xox jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. That owl is adorable! That cuff is so colorful and creative too. Great pieces-- Christie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are an artist in several different medias! These are great pieces. I may have to get some of those magic amber beads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your pieces especially the cuff! Thanks for sharing your many talents.
    Ingrid A

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully inspired pieces! that scarf is lovely and looks so warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thank you for the gorgeous eye candy in several mediums!! Love the cuff, the scarf with your button, and can't wait to see your finished piece. I enjoyed looking so much!! Gina H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors in your knitted cowl and who wouldn't love that polymer owl. Oh, an owl for the cowl. Hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nelly,
    Your pieces are very pretty! The knitted cowl is pretty warm looking and the little owl button you made is so cute. Looking forward to seeing the finished bracelet those are very pretty colored twin beads. Wow the polymer clay cuff is fantastic great job.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so many neat reminders of fall. Love the little owl on your scarf and your cuff is really neat too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wonderful inspiration pieces! your scarf is just gorgeous with such warm colors. Bravo for the polymer clay cuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cowl n owl. Gorgeous colors and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pictures, so much inspiration did you have around you! With great results! The scuff is quit 'scary'! The cowl so sweet, and the button gorgeous! I had to smile because of the picture of the 'Halloween Lady' ;-) Amber & Pepita will turn out as a great combination! Are you going to show us the final result? Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great fall colors. And a cowl to keep you warm as the snow comes in. Great post, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :-)